Can I bowl if i'm pregnant?

Brittany Chan

In brief: Probably safe

Many women report bowling during pregnancy with no problems.
However, your ligaments & joints relax during pregnancy, so lifting or moving a heavy ball the wrong way may cause discomfort, esp. In your back. If you've had back pain or never bowled before, you might want to wait, but if you have a healthy pregnancy and are careful, it should be safe. And if you start to hurt or get tired, stop.

In brief: Probably safe

Brittany Chan
Brittany Chan
Answer assisted by Brittany Chan, Medical Student
Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Careful of slipping

I agree with dr chen.
The only thing i would add is that bowling alleys are very slippery. An accidental fall would be my concern over the bowling itself.

In brief: Careful of slipping

I agree with dr chen.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

Wear proper shoes. Do what you can. If you feel discomfort, stop.

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen