Can celibacy lead to any long term problems for a male? I'm 22 and just have vey little interest in sex with either gender. Is it use it or lose it?

Dr. James Eitner
In brief: No
There is no use it or lose it relationship with celibacy.
Loss of interest may be related to depression or welbutrin (and other anti-depressive medications). Additionally, there are other medical issues that can cause a loss of interest, as mentioned by others. You should sit down and talk with your physician and have an examination to help determine the cause and possible treatment.

In brief: No
Dr. James Eitner
Dr. James Eitner
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Low libido
I would want to know if this is new or a change for you or if you have never had sexual interests.
There are both physical as well as psychological reasons for low libido. Sometimes, laboratory tests may reveal the problem. I agree with those who suggested you get yourself checked out by your local medical doctor.

In brief: Low libido
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
In brief: No atrophy
Use of the penis is not "use it or lose it".
There are no long term health risks to not having sex or ejaculating. Erection is a time of increased blood flow to the penis and this can be healthy, but not mandatory. If your interest in sex "libido" is very low or you are concerned, there might be other things to look into - testosterone level, hormone balances, etc. I would check with my gp.

In brief: No atrophy
Dr. Edward Cherullo
Dr. Edward Cherullo
Dr. William Drescher
To Dr. Cherulio's answer I would add that depression is probably the most common cause of loss of interest. Next highest is side-effects of medication. It is an irony that the antidepressants that are used to combat the loss of interest in sex sometimes cause the loss of interest.
Dr. Eric Weisman