Is AFP (Alpha Fetoprotein) test used to detect any kind of cancer in the body? I.e higher value will indicate that there is cancer somewhere in body.

Liver and germ cell. AFP can be elevated in cancers of the liver and some germ cell tumors. However, it also be elevated in patients with non-cancerous liver disease. The AFP results need to be interpreted in the clinical context. It is not a general marker for cancer. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex.