Had my blood drawn yesterday,Now I have a bit of a bruise and pain sore pain under my armpit. Is that normal?

Dr. Clarence Grim
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Must be rare.

Over 50 years I have never had a patient complain of this.
So must be rare.

In brief: Must be rare.

So must be rare.
Dr. Clarence Grim
Dr. Clarence Grim
Dr. Kay Nelson

In brief: Maybe

Take 800mg Motrin with food every 8 hours X 3 doses.
If the pain under your armpit remains, go back to the DOCTOR.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Kay Nelson
Dr. Kay Nelson
Dr. Jose Prieto-hernandez
Agree with analgesic Acetaminophen is another option Warm compresses for swelling Make sure no sign of infection or inflammation If inflammation occurs see your Doctor Redness, hotness & swelling at the site of venipuncture
Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Watch for Infection

The pain in the armpit is probably related to the skin needle prick that you had yesterday.
Watch for any redness on your arm as that will indicate possible infection.. which tends to spread into lymph nodes in the armpit. If that is the case you may get chills or fever and more redness/pain in your arm. So next 24 hours you need to be watchful for infection, head to the ER in that case.

In brief: Watch for Infection

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Ralf Lukner

In brief: It's not typical

If you had blood drawn near your elbow, it is not typical to get a slight bruise and pain in your armpit.
Use warm compresses under your armpit 2-3 times a day and follow up promptly with your doctor to have this issue evaluated.

In brief: It's not typical

Dr. Ralf Lukner
Dr. Ralf Lukner
Dr. Jack Hinkle