38 year old female fatigued, bloating, gas.Hx of fluctuating liver enzymes for almost 3 years. Gallbladder removed 1.5 years ago. ALT 61, Alkaline Phosphatase 154, globulin 3.9.Hep, ANA, lupus, rheumatoid all negative.Please help.Other suggestions?

Dr. Emran Rouf

In brief: Possible celiac

Celiac disease remains a possibility with reported symptoms and liver function test abnormalities.
An evaluation with a liver specialist may be needed for reviewing additional history and consideration for tests to rule out disorders of biliary tree, pancreas, and chronic liver diseases.

In brief: Possible celiac

Dr. Anca Sisu
Consider fatty liver, check for metabolic syndrome
Dr. Alvin Wells
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: GI issues

The good news is it does not appear that you have an autoimmune or an inflammatory process.
The symptoms may be suggestive of irritable bowel syndrome vs. chronic fatigue vs. other. I would recommend screening for viruses that may be associated such as EBV, etc. The best course would be careful monitoring for clinical and lab changes. I would be happy to consult if needed.

In brief: GI issues

Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery