I've been on lLamictal for 7 years with no problems. Two days ago an itchy rash appeared on the right side of my face. Could this be a Lamictal rash?

Dr. Bert Liang
Neurology

In brief: Unlikely

Usually, as you are I think surmising, the Lamictal rash comes on when you have begun this medication.
It can be localized on the face alone, but usually it is more diffuse on the body. Again, it typically comes within weeks (not years) of administration. However, given the potential seriousness of rashes with the drug, I would get checked out with a dermatologist as soon as you can.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Bert Liang
Dr. Bert Liang