How does the placebo effect works?

Dr. Martha Stark
In brief: Psychological
Some of my patients get better simply when handed the prescription! the power of "belief" is absolutely mind-boggling.
Recognizing that "the secret" involves "intention" can really empower you and enable you to overcome all manner of resistances, insecurities, and vulnerabilities. The mind is an amazing instrument!

In brief: Psychological
Dr. Martha Stark
Dr. Martha Stark
Dr. Donald Hazlett
In brief: Great question!
If we knew exactly what's behind the placebo affect it might be possible to reduce a great deal of medication used the world over. Some things that may power the placebo effect are: believing, positive thinking, doing someting about a problem, support & care of providers, a tangible sign of hope.
In any case, taking medication is "doing something" until the medication has had time to work.

In brief: Great question!
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett