I am experiencing nasal congestion and sore throat. It's probably allergies but my concern is I'm very susceptible to sinus infection. What meds?

In brief: Start with OTC

start with over the counter allergy meds taken on a daily basis such as Zyrtec or Allegra.
for congestion pick up some Sudafed. by taking a daily allergy medication when starting to notice stuffiness and symptoms, you will avoid the most severe symptoms and your sinuses will stay open. once your sinuses become congested you have static mucus that is susceptible to infection by environment bacteria

In brief: Start with OTC

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine