Are you able to prescribe medicines for mental illnesses? I.E. OCD, anxiety, MDD, ADHD

Dr. Clarene Cress

In brief: No, not on Healthtap

but if you are having problems with your mood, discuss with your family doctor who may Rx or refer you to a psychiatrist.
Medications definitely have a role in treatment, and I advise that you do not hesitate to seek help.

In brief: No, not on Healthtap

In brief: Yes, but not here

These conditions are often treated with prescription drugs.
Some of which are closely monitored by the feds. Their use requires an in person evaluation including history, physical and testing as needed. A doc can lose their license if they skip any of these steps. This HT site is for medical information.If you read the site info you should note we do not diagnose or treat anyone from this site.

In brief: Yes, but not here

Dr. Cindy Juster