31 m heavy breathing / shortness breath feels full at rest. Gets worse daily. Breathing patterns becoming different Got echo holter nuclear stress test / bronchoscopy pft and chest Ct scan normal. Pft showed positive mehtanine airway D? Cancer?heart

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Needs evaluation

The answer to your question requires an evaluation and review of the information from the tests you have already had.
Cancer and heart disease are both very rare and unlikely in previously healthy 31 year old men.

In brief: Needs evaluation

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Clarene Cress
Methacholine challenge test is performed if your symptoms and screening spirometry do not clearly or convincingly establish a diagnosis of asthma. Methacholine is an agent that, when inhaled, causes the airways to spasm (contract involuntarily) and narrow if asthma is present. If positive,, you have asthma, and there are medications for that. See your doctor to start a maintenance Rx.

In brief: Asthma

Studies show that a positive methacholine test may indicate you have asthma however the test needs to be interpreted carefully.
Did you have an obstructive pattern on spirometry reversed by bronchodilator? Trial of rescue inhaler indicated and talk with a pulmonologist. Sorry you are not feeling well but don't worry your doctors will get to the bottom of this. Don't worry and good luck.

In brief: Asthma

Dr. Cornelius O'leary jr
Dr. Cornelius O'leary jr
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: You need

a lengthy consult.
If you wish to speak with me,, I am available on HealthTap: U would need to have all of your information aat the time of the discussion. H Robert Silverstein MD, FACC. Recommended reading www.thepmc.org

In brief: You need

a lengthy consult.
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology