Can xanthogranulomas at the atria of both lateral ventricles cause diffuse slowing on an EEG?

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: What type?Confirmed?

Use HealthTap Prime to discuss complex cases.
I'm uncertain (1) how you KNOW that the spots are xanthogranulomas [XG], (2) if they're in the choroid plexus & (3) how long they've been there. Are XGs also present on the skin? Does the pt have Juvenile Xanthogranuloma Disease (JXG)? Choroid plexus XGs don't cause any symptoms but JXG is associated with neuro disease. Diffuse slowing is nonspecific.

In brief: What type?Confirmed?

Dr. John Burke
Neurology

In brief: Unlikely

Diffuse slowing is generally a sign of a global problem and xanthogranulomas are much more focal.
They should not cause problems in all leads.

In brief: Unlikely