Why is not ok to kiss a 2 week old baby on her face? I also noticed she have some baby acne will that go away? Why do they get acne?

In brief: Risk/yes/natural

We encourage parents not to expose newborns to any source of illness for the first 8 wks.
This is the time frame where germs passed during delivery might show up as blood poisoning & show only as mild fever. I hate doing blood tests/possible spinal tap on a baby because their aunt wants to play kissy kiss.Baby acne reflects maternal pregnancy hormones & fades by 3 mo.

In brief: Risk/yes/natural

In brief: Baby acne

The only reason to not kiss a baby on her face is if the kisser has a cold.
Baby acne is fairly common, unclear why it happens. It usually disappears on its own in several weeks.

In brief: Baby acne

Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
Dr. Jonathan Jassey