How should we recover from lower back pain ?

Dr. David Bozak
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Active recovery

I would need alot more info, but in general complete bed rest can make things worse.
In the acute setting, anti inflammatory meds and possibly a muscle relaxer, with some physical therapy to work on gentle range of motion and stretching should help.

In brief: Active recovery

Dr. David Bozak
Dr. David Bozak
Dr. Cheryl White
Pain Management

In brief: Find cause

Agree with dr bozak, and would add that if this has been going on for more than a few weks you should find the cuase and treat it.
You must participate in your recovery - so bed rest is not the answer. You may need xrays or MRI to find the cause, and as a last resort surgery may be indicate. Seek advice from a pain management specialist if the pain continues.

In brief: Find cause

Dr. Cheryl White
Dr. Cheryl White
Dr. Eric Weisman