Recently found an article from 2007 connecting Statin drugs to ALS. Has this been disproven? Do statins increase als risk?

Dr. Alan Heldman
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Statin drugs

The main side effect of statin drugs is lowering the risk of heart attack/stroke in patients w/ high cholesterol.
Recommendations about who should take statin drugs are based on a very large amount of clinical data and represent evidence-based scientific medicine. Whether to take a statin depends on lots of factors. For personalized advice, consult your doctor or a specialist on HealthTap.

In brief: Statin drugs

Dr. Alan Steinbach

In brief: Hmmm...

Heres what I found on line If there is a connection its for people with high pro-oxidative side effects of the statin, and even those its not clear. As you may know, there is some epidemiology suggesting statins decrease ALD.
..havent found anything recently using Google Scholar. good luck.

In brief: Hmmm...

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology