My blood work is hemoglobin 8, hematocrit 33, MCV 66, MCH 17, MCHC 26, RDW 17. My platelet count is 434. What is wrong with me.

Dr. Haluk Tezcan
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Most likely iron def

Low Hg, low MCV but high RDV and platelet count are suggestive of iron deficiency anemia.
Simply have your primary test your Ferritin level (or complete iron studies) and ask the lab to review the blood smear. If your WBC is normal and your ferritin is low, and saturation elevated you have iron deficiency anemia. The next and the most important step is to identify the reason!!

In brief: Most likely iron def

Dr. Jack Hinkle