What do I do to help my family get over my cancer?

Dr. Donald Hazlett
In brief: Talk about it openly
Part of the answer? Be sure you are dealing effectively with it, and if that's not so, then reach out to resources available in most ca treatment programs for support for the emotional roller coaster this illness often is.
Are they involved in your treatment? That can help ease their minds when they are (and yours as well). It is a family affair. Enlist their help and invite them in.

In brief: Talk about it openly
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: Listen to them
It's one of the hardest things about cancer-- worrying about the other people in your life and how it impacts them. Ask your family what they're feeling, and if it's fear, ask what scares them. The word cancer brings up fear of death, and that's hard to talk about.
But it's good to talk about. If you can dig deep and talk about these feelings, i think you will all feel better... And closer!

In brief: Listen to them
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Marsha Davis