Inflation in knee joints, pain in right ankle, wbc 24000, staphylococcus aureus in blood culture. back pain also, pain in neck back.

Dr. Yelena Kipervas

In brief: Explanation

You have serous condition what call sepsis and arthritis -knee and ankle, with blood abnormallities typical with this condition.
I hope you already started appropriate treatment with antibiotics. Your doctor should explain this to you.

In brief: Explanation

Dr. Yelena Kipervas
Dr. Yelena Kipervas
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Sepsis

The presence of bacteria in the blood combined with systemic markers you describe is known as sepsis, from which patients can become quite ill.
Antibiotics for coverage of the specific organism involved and an attempt to identify the source is customary. If you had an infection in your knee, it may have been the source.

In brief: Sepsis

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine