Could slow onset autoimmune hemolytic anemia potentially go undisguised for a long time? over a year of FUO, fatigue, pale, low normal labs, coombs +, warm antibodies. Transfusion needed after 400 ml loss in surgery. (hgb was 6, Hct 19%) no answers.

Dr. Al Hegab
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: No answers

is sometimes the case with FUO, the longer it stays the less likely an answer is found.
It is mainly due to infections, auto-immune disorders or malignancy, but for one year any of those would have been discovered. You don't seem to have auto-immune hemolytic anemia though, at any rate I trust that your treating doctors explored all the possibilities to reach a diagnosis, trust them, the Dx is FUO

In brief: No answers

Dr. Arnon Rubin