Sometimes I get a realy intense sharp(stab like) pain in the side of my back and it goes away after some streching out. Could it be anything serious?

Dr. Amir Khan
Sports Medicine
In brief: Could be
There could be several causes including but not limited to: simple muscle spasm, nerve compression, herniated disk, intrabdominal source such as kidney or pancreatic disorder etc.
If symptoms persist you should have your doctor evaluate you.

In brief: Could be
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Uncertain
The side of your back has muscle, tendons, bone, nerves and some of these can be involved in your intense pain it may not be serious but that can only be told with an evaluation of your problem. Besides examination you may need imaging to clarify these symptoms.

In brief: Uncertain
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine