I was prescribed Amoxicillin 2x/day for 10 days and on the 6th day I had unprotected sex w/o withdrawing. I have Nexplanon, will antibiotics affect me?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Little or no risk

The possibility of antibiotics interfering with birth control pills is not exactly an urban myth, but it is greatly overblown.
This is a very rare problem and almost certainly your Nexplanon will be fully effective. In the future use condoms to be maximally safe, but probably no problem. (And for goodness' sake never rely on withdrawal for contraception! It is very unreliable.)

In brief: Little or no risk

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Jane Van Dis