I have normal pressure hydrocephalus, had surgery back in November of 2015 I do not have a shunt I wanted to know if it was safe for me to fly?

Dr. Bert Liang
Neurology

In brief: Confirm therapy

How was the diagnosis of NPH confirmed, particularly if no shunt was put in place? It would be best to understand the workup and treatment; while there haven't been specific recommendations made about normal pressure hydrocephalus and flying (commercial airlines use a peak altitude pressurized to 8000 feet) need more details; discussion with your neurosurgeon/neurologist would be important.

In brief: Confirm therapy

Dr. Bert Liang
Dr. Bert Liang
Dr. Eric Weisman