How do I get rid of the muscle pain that appears after my body cools down from intense basketball training?

Dr. Amir Khan
Sports Medicine
In brief: No quick fix
There is no quick fix to muscle soreness after intense exercise.
However, proper conditioning for a sport and implementation of rest, ice baths, nsaids?, proper nutrition and hydration before and after exercise are reasonable and practical selections.

In brief: No quick fix
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Muscle pain
The muscle pain after intense workouts is usually due to a buildup of lactic acid.
The treatment is hydration, light stretching, ice, and ndaids.

In brief: Muscle pain
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
As you get used to a new level of exercise intensity, usually 2-3 weeks of daily or every other day workouts, your body should become conditioned to that level and ready for further increases, if that is your goal.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine