What can I do to reduce my baby's risk of sid?

The following: 1. Sleep on back. 2. No cosleeping. 3. No pillow or blanket. 4. No smoking. 5. A well-ventilated room, with some air movement in the room (a small fan well away from the child).
Sleep on back. Sleeping on the back (face-up) is the position with the least chance of sids. Avoid smoking in the home or around the baby. Don't wrap a baby too tightly nor make the baby too warm. Put the baby in a crib or bassinet to sleep (not on a sofa nor an adult bed).
Keep crib empty. Make sure there is nothing in the crib with baby, such as blankets, stuffed animals, pillows and crib bumpers. Use a sleep sack or swaddle blanket to keep baby warm and to ensure that nothing creeps up in front of their face.
Several answers. The risk of sids (sudden infant death syndrome) is greatest in the first 6 months of life, and is significantly increased by putting your baby to sleep on her stomach or side. Infants should always be put to sleep on their stomachs. Another factor that increases sids risk is having a smoker in the house. Factors that decrease risk include pacifier use and background noise such as a fan.