I have eczema on the inner elbows-- both of them. I was just wondering how long eczema lasts. ?

Dr. Clarene Cress

In brief: Depends on cause

Eczema usually starts in early childhood and often improves in late teens and early adulthood, but it depends on underlyiing cause and preventive skin care.
Eczema can be cause by contact to specific allergens like nickle or irritants, or irritants like soaps, excessive dryness, rough fabrics, or even excessive sweating. Use gentle cleansers and lotions to moisturize and avoid scratching.

In brief: Depends on cause

Dr. Clarene Cress
Dr. Clarene Cress

In brief: Varies

Often childhood eczema fades some by school age.
However, some people continue to battle the problem for their lifetime. At a listed age of 20, if this is about you, I would suggest you find a dermatologist to work with on a longterm plan.

In brief: Varies