Which car seat is safest for my 3 month old child?

In brief: Rear facing harness

The rear facing five point harness system is my choice for all infants under two and up to three if your child is still in the seats weight range.
I prefer the convertable systems since you can get four or more years of use out of one seat. The model you understand how to install is your best bet.

In brief: Rear facing harness

In brief: An infant car seat

For young babies use "infant car seats".
Babies should be facing the back of the car. They are safer riding in the middle seat of the middle row. Be sure the infant car seat is well secured to the car (so that the infant seat won't flop around in a collision).

In brief: An infant car seat

Dr. Kevin Windisch

In brief: Anyt Rear Facing

Any rear facing seat will do.
Make sure that the seat is properly installed.

In brief: Anyt Rear Facing

Any rear facing seat will do.
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Scott Katz

In brief: Rear facing 5 Point

A child under 2 years old should always be in a rear facing car seat, with a 5 point harness, designed specifically for their age, weight and height.
The seat should always be in the back seat of the car, preferably in the center position.

In brief: Rear facing 5 Point

Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Roy Benaroch

In brief: Rear facing harness

A rear-facing, harness-style infant carrier is the best at this age, typically one that "clicks" into a base that's firmly and correctly installed into the vehicle.
Make sure you're using it correctly, and most of all don't forget that the driver is the most important safety feature of the car.

In brief: Rear facing harness

Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Roy Benaroch