I have a lump on the back left side of my head that's been there for over two years. It's only now starting to hurt. You can't see it and is firm.

Dr. Karen Butler

In brief: See doc

Go to your doc for exam and treatment plan

In brief: See doc

Dr. Karen Butler
Dr. Karen Butler
Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Exam needed

This would have to be examined by a physician, but it could be an inclusion cyst or wen.
If it's very firm or hard it could be a boney outgrowth of the skull or exostosis which is often present since birth.

In brief: Exam needed

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Jeffrey Levine

In brief: Sebaceous Cyst

Your description is consistent with a Sebaceous or Epidermal Cyst, which can persist asymptomatically for years, then become inflamed or tense causing pain.
See your clinician to evaluate it, and determine if it should be excised.

In brief: Sebaceous Cyst

Dr. Jeffrey Levine
Dr. Jeffrey Levine
Dr. Steven Seres