Tonsils very enlarged (4+/4) and severely deviated septum. ENT said must get fixed or use machine at night to sleep for probable apnea. Is he right?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Mgt

I would suggest having a sleep test with CPAP and BiPAP to determine the severity of your sleep apnea.
Usually when tonsils are removed, there is clinical improvement in most patients. As far as your nasal septum deviation, this may also contribute, but I would suggest discussing the removal of your tonsils first and then reassess the improvement with a sleep study.

In brief: Mgt

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology