Recently diagnose with a benign parotid tumor, my doc wants to do surgery, do I have to?

Dr. Waleed Zaid
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

There are few things that make me recommend you to perform the surgery 1) The only way to confirm that the hole tumor is benign is by surgically removing the entire tumor with a small cuff of normal tissue 2) some benign tumors have the tendency to become malignant 10-15% yes a small percentage but still significant, tell me the location of tumor?

Dr. Waleed Zaid
Dr. Waleed Zaid
Pathology

In brief: Your choice

Pleomorphic adenomas, the common one here, are locally invasive and will eventually disfigure and likely cripple you.
The longer you delay, the more difficult and mutilating surgery will be. Nobody can force you to make the right choice

In brief: Your choice

Dr. Arnon Rubin