I am really fed up with this back pain has been going long time the new flare up since dec2012 suppose to have spinal fusion on l5s fractuedl5 help me?

Dr. Alvin Stein
Pain Management

In brief: Instability

Prolotherapy of the way to go to get rid of the back pain.
Visit www.Proloshot.Com or www.Getporlo.Com or www.Aaomed.Org for a prolotherapy doctor to help you.

In brief: Instability

Dr. Alvin Stein
Dr. Alvin Stein
Dr. Ritu Bhambhani
Pain Management

In brief: Fusion and pain

If the fracture is causing instability of the spine on flex ion extension x-rays then you should get the fusion to prevent more serious complications.
If there is no instability make sure you have exhausted all conservative options because fusions are known to help back pain for only a small percentage of patients. Conservative options meds, therapy, chiro, topical meds, acupuncture, injections.

In brief: Fusion and pain

Dr. Ritu Bhambhani
Dr. Ritu Bhambhani
Dr. William Gaya
Traction and weight control, posture, stretching exercises.