I am a woman who works in steeltoe shoes and now I have big hard lump on side of big toes so hard feels like bone what is that and what can I do?

Dr. Daniel Farber
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Callus

This is most likely callus from the big toe constantly rubbing on the side of the shoe.
This may be because of the shoes or because of having a bunion. Gel type cushions may help. Or find better fitting workboots. It may also be worthwhile trying to find boys boots which may be more narrow in the heel but wide at the toe.

In brief: Callus

Dr. Daniel Farber
Dr. Daniel Farber
Dr. Gary Greenly

In brief: Bunion

What you seem to be describing are "bunions" which are boney exostoses which become space occupying lesions in the feet.
They are painful due to pressure. Treatment would involve xray conformation with a podiatrist, and probably shaving of the excess bone so that pressure is no longer an issue.

In brief: Bunion

Dr. Gary Greenly
Dr. Gary Greenly
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry

In brief: Have it evaluated

It could be a bone prominence, it could be a callus or it could be a callus over a bone prominence.
If it is bothering you on a regular basis or limiting your activity, you should have it evaluated. See your foot specialist. Dr l.

In brief: Have it evaluated

Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham