What to do about elevated pulse. I am in a pretty good shape. I suffer from hypomania and take 300 mg. Seroquel (quetiapine) prolong every night?

Dr. Asa Marokus
In brief: See prescribing doc
A few questions would help clarify.
1. What is your pulse? 2. What was your pulse before starting the medication? 3. Have you ever had elevated pulse (tachycardia) before? 4. Do you have any medical illnesses? Basically I am trying to understand if your elevated pulse is actual tachycardia (resting heart rate over 100), how severe it is, and if it is clearly linked to the medication.

In brief: See prescribing doc
A few questions would help clarify.
Dr. Asa Marokus
Dr. Asa Marokus
Dr. Leonard Lado
In brief: Pulse pressurE
Pulse pressure is a very technical term measuring differences between the upper and lower values of your systolic and diastolic.
The most concerning problem with atypical antipsychotics is something called metabolic syndrome that can lead to obesity. The best test for metabolic syndrome is hemoglobin ac1. Your pulse pressure may simply mean your athelic nature. But get it checked out!

In brief: Pulse pressurE
Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine