I have been dieting & although i've lost some weight anytime I eat a regular meal I gain 3 or 4 lbs. How can I rectify that at my weight (340 lbs) ?

Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Bariatrics

In brief: Consider surgery

At 340, the likelihood for pills and diet to be effective long term is only 1%.
With a normal sized stomach, you could diet all week, but have one modern full meal and consume 2500-4000 calories. Your body can only use about 1800 cal as glucose and glycogen (short storage). The rest must get stored as fat. Hence, you gain weight. You might consider bariatric surg to decrease capacity and hunger.

In brief: Consider surgery

Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics

In brief: Fast Gaining

Hi, bariatric surgery could be the right answer for you.
Please seek a full medical examination including labs. Have you kept a log book to show your physician what and how much you eat in a "regular meal". How have you been "dieting"? Maybe your regular meal has too much food (calories). You did say you lost some weight? How much? Good luck.

In brief: Fast Gaining

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich

In brief: Bariatric surgery

You need bariatric surgery soon.

In brief: Bariatric surgery

You need bariatric surgery soon.
Dr. Marek Lutrzykowski
Dr. Marek Lutrzykowski
Dr. John Edmison
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Gastric bypass

At 350 lbs, you are considered to have morbid obesity.
Treatment of choice would be gastric bypass surgery. You should be evaluated for conditions that affect your metabolism such as hypothyroidism. You should also be evaluated for conditions linked to Insulin resistance such as diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and cardiovascular disease.

In brief: Gastric bypass

Dr. John Edmison
Dr. John Edmison
Dr. Steven Seres