My child has a weird circular rash after getting a tick bite. Is this something I should be concerned about?

A rash around a tick bite should be evaluated promptly.
It may be a local reaction or a sign of lyme disease. If you cannot see your pediatrician immediately, take several good pics of the rash, especially if it is changing rapidly.

Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Gregg Alexander

Yes. Anything that penetrates the skin can give germs a pathway in and a chance to cause infection.
Of course with tick bites, you often think of lyme disease. Regardless, the rash needs checked by your pediatrician.

Dr. Gregg Alexander
Dr. Gregg Alexander
Dr. Scott Katz

This type of rash is also known as erythema migrans, and could be a sign of lyme disease, especially if you live in the northeastern U.
S. Your child needs to be seen by their pediatrician to be properly diagnosed and treated.

Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Scott Katz