I've been struggling very badly with binge eating and it's cause me to become depressed. My doctor says I have a binge eating disorder but she precribed me lexapro. Do you think this is the right medicine for my problem?

Yes. Either one can cause the other to worsen--depression-binging. It is easiest for you to try to treat the depression firs, then see what is happening with the eating disorder.
Good choice. EAting disorder is a complicated problem and one aspect of treatment includes management of depression with medication as well as counseling. First line medications are SSRI Meds, which help to break the cycle of repetetive thoughts. Lexapro has less side effects than some of the other SSRI drugs, so stick with it. Medication takes time to work and may need dose adjustment.