Moderate adult acne. I have Differin cream, Azclear, BP 2.5,5,&10%, BHA. What do I use? In what order? And what time of day? Moisturiser? Ideas? Help!

Dr. Clarene Cress

In brief: Start with one med

For full acne treatment, usually more than one medication is needed to treat acne by reducing bacteria, opening pores and changing sebum. I suggest starting with 5% BP once or twice a day, if skin tolerates that, then add either Differin at night or Azclear once a day.
If skin becomes too dry, a moisturizer can be used as well.

In brief: Start with one med

Dr. Clarene Cress
Dr. Clarene Cress
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: See a dermatologist

Use in any order you like.
Usually the Differen at night and the others in AM. Since they are all drying, a moisturizer of your choice is a good idea. If you have significant acne, SPIRONOLACTONE pill is best. Any birth control is a factor. Menstrual activity should be noted.

In brief: See a dermatologist

Use in any order you like.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan