After reading about HPV, I have been worried about getting it via holding hands, shaking hands, hugging etc. with friends and all, Shall I be worried?

In brief: Not so much

HPV is a family of viruses.
Those with the most consequence are the strains associated with sexual transmission.Although there is times when these strains will shed & contaminate various surfaces it appears the STI strains pass only with direct skin to skin contact along with a mechanical or abrasive event. These strains are also site specific, tending to live only on specific genital skin.

In brief: Not so much

HPV is a family of viruses.
Dr. Ira Raff
Urology

In brief: Hpv

it is a virus to shred so i donot think shaking hands or hugging will cause one to get hpv

In brief: Hpv

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham