I have been diagnosed with sever focal stenosis with claudication in my left superficial femoral artery. What can be done to improve this condidtion?

Dr. Waseem Barham

In brief: Vascular disease

You need to be evaluated by a vascular physician who could be either a cardiologist with peripheral vascular sub-specialty or a vascular surgeon.
You're describing symptomatic type of peripheral vascular disease and there is a risk of progressing to limb ischemia and complications. Should you develop any left leg pain at rest, coldness, or loss of sensation/numbness, then you should go to the ED.

In brief: Vascular disease

Dr. Waseem Barham
Dr. Waseem Barham
Dr. Paxton Daniel
And if you smoke you Must Stop Now!
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology