Hernia w/sever pain by umbilical repair w/mesh. Also just hospitalized for unknown intestinal bleeding. Colonoscopy in 6 days. Related to each other?

Dr. Waseem Barham

In brief: Postop complications

I cannot answer for sure as it depends on what they actually did during surgery.
Potentially the two can be related as either due to postop complication (intestinal injury) or sometimes hernias could be due to Meckel's diverticulum (a pouch coming off the small intestine) that sometimes leads to intussusception and bleeding. Colonoscopy might help determine if there is a large bowel cause.

In brief: Postop complications

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine