How can I begin a birth control plan without letting my (overbearing) parents know?

In brief: Hard to say

You don't list your age or situation.
If you are under 18 or are on their insurance they will see the insurance paperwork which lists why you went in and meds prescribed. If over 18, you can exclude them from directly accessing your medical information but the insurance paperwork remains a problem.Many cities have a planned parenthood or similar clinic that you can access without parental involvem

In brief: Hard to say

You don't list your age or situation.
Dr. Sylvie Stacy
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Talk to your doc

When you see your doctor to begin birth control, let him or her know that your parents aren't aware you're starting birth control and that you'd prefer that they aren't told.
Your doctor and other staff at the doctor's office will keep this information confidential, and only discuss it with your parents if you consent to that.

In brief: Talk to your doc

Dr. Sylvie Stacy
Dr. Sylvie Stacy