Can I drink alcohol 3 hours after taking Mucinex (guaifenesin) dm?

Drinking when ill. You know the warnings on these products are there for a reason. If you are coughing, congested, and ill, why would you drink alcohol? Why would you take in a product to make you more dehydrated to make it harder to clear your mucous and get better?
If you're not addict. 1 tablespoon Mucinex (guaifenesin) dm or anything else dm and 1 drink are not problems. But is either is a habit or worse then the combination will be harmful-- and its not the Mucinex (guaifenesin) part, its the dm part and the amount and if dependent on alcohol or dm-- dm is a common drug of abuse in not smart people.