If I request not to be weighed (or at least not have the weight shared with me), is there a reason this could not be fulfilled if my visit is unrelated, and I'm not overweight, but am recovering from disordered eating and therapy for body dysmorphia?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Medical privacy

In the US, you can refuse any medical procedure, including weight: they may not weigh you if you refuse.
Or you can request to not be told the result, but there is always risk someone might forget and say the result out loud. However, if you refuse to accept an advised test or procedure (e.g. if your weight is needed for proper drug dose), they can legally refuse to care for you.

In brief: Medical privacy

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Shontae Buffington