Best things you can have on your smartphone for free 24/7 mental health counseling ?

Dr. Steven Griggs
Clinical Psychology

In brief: I have mixed

feelings about smartphone counseling.
It's one thing to have instant access, or easier access, but it's not quite the same as the real thing. Surveys say 80% of clients are "OK" with this counseling approach, but the number of providers who like it may be much less. Legal troubles also abound, particularly for diagnosing and/or prescribing during the first visit without an in-0ffice visit.

In brief: I have mixed

feelings about smartphone counseling.
Dr. Steven Griggs
Dr. Steven Griggs
Dr. Alvin Wells
I disagree. In rheumatology I see patients every 3-4 months. This is usually to be sure there are no side effects to our effective, but potentially harmful medications. I agree with a life visit once or twice a year, but the other visits are more focused and you never run behind!!
Dr. Vicken Poochikian