How can I find out if I'm bipolar or just short tempered? What is the treatment for both?

See a professional. It is not a good idea to self diagnose. I would recommend that you see a psychaitrist and get the dilemma resolved.
MD. Make an appointment to see a psychiatrist - they are best trained for this, .