A iumbar x-ray also showed a aorta aneurysm at L4 and L3 but a follow up lumbar c scan reports abdominal viewed at same area unremarkable, confused?

Dr. Paxton Daniel
Radiology

In brief: Believe the CT

I suspect the plain film suggested an aneurysm because the aorta is calcified and somewhat tortuous.
The CT should be definitive is telling if there is or isn't an aneurysm. So, believe the CT.

In brief: Believe the CT

Dr. Paxton Daniel
Dr. Paxton Daniel
Dr. Charles Gordon
Pediatrics - Adolescent Medicine

In brief: Confused also

You must go over with the radiologist the x-ray which indicated that you may have an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
You may need another imaging study right away. If you indeed have it, that is a potential life threatening injury. Do not delay! X-ray studies are shadows and tricky to interpret but must be followed up on, particularly when there is serious doubt.

In brief: Confused also

Dr. Charles Gordon
Dr. Charles Gordon
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology