I have been taking depression medicine for years. I don't think it helps anymore. Certain things send me into a deep depression for days. What should i?

Dr. Asa Marokus
In brief: See a psychiatrist
It sounds a form of depression that is called chronic, treatment-refractory depression.
It's been going on for a very long time and you are clearly suffering. If you are able to see a psychiatrist for an evaluation, that would be my first recommendation. If you are already seeing one, then i would discuss. There are augmenting medications to help with antidepressants that aren't working.

In brief: See a psychiatrist
Dr. Asa Marokus
Dr. Asa Marokus
Justin Fuehrer
Emergency Medicine
In brief: See your doctor
It may be time to increase your dose of your current medication or to potentially change your medication if it is no longer working.
Because you say you are going into a deep depression for days, i would highly suggest seeing your physician as this is potentially serious and should be addressed as soon as possible.

In brief: See your doctor
Justin Fuehrer
Justin Fuehrer
Answer assisted by Justin Fuehrer, Medical Student