My hida scan said my gallbladder is working at 29%. What does that mean?

Borderline. That means that after they stimulated your gallbladder, it ejected 29% of the radioactive tracer. Typically if it is less than 30-35% (depending on the lab), it indicates some type of gallbladder dysfunction as the etiology of a person's pain that may be helped by surgical intervention. However, since you are on the borderline, your physician will make a decision based on your clinical condition.
Decreased emptying. May be having delayed and/or decreased emptying of the gallbladder.
Poorly functioning. Poorly functioning galbladder, may indicate chronic cholecystitis.
Abnormal. Normal ejection fractions are usually greater than 50% and generally, an ejection fraction of less than 35% is considered abnormal. A reduced ejection fraction is suggestive, but not specific for chronic cholecystitis or biliary dyskinesia. Clinical correlation is important.
Decreased emptying. Emptying of the gallbladder when you eat. This value is borderline.
Cholesterosis of GB. Most common cause of a low ejection fraction is infiltration of the gallbladder wall by cholesterol. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy has risks as well as benefits. Your symptoms may or may not improve post surgery. Ultrasound is essential for a full workup to look for stones and polyps in the gallbladder..