I have a fusion at l4-l5 I have a broken screw and another screw that appears to be backing out is there any way to fix my issue ?

Dr. Chintan Sampat
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
You need to determine why the screw broke and the other is backing out.
Most likely, you have a pseudoarthrosis (meaning the fusion did not heal). Another surgery may be needed to help re-fuse the area. I recommend evaluation by a spinal surgeon.

Dr. Chintan Sampat
Dr. Chintan Sampat
Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Spinal surgeons look at fusions as a race between bony union and failure of fixation. If the bone doesn't heal, a psuedoarthrosis develops leading to higher stress at the screw/bone interface. That eventually leads to a failure of fixation, seen as broken hardware (can include the screws/rods), loosening of the screws, backing out of the screws, and pain. Revision surgery may be needed.
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Redo fusion
Remove screws redo fusion front and baclk use bmp magnetic stimulation auto iliac crestgraft post op brace no smokiing or nicotine.

In brief: Redo fusion
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Eric Weisman