I have no symptoms of any type. I tested my std panel with hiv test so all came negative hsv1/2 IgM neg. And hsv1/2 IgG positive. Am I hsv neg or not?

Dr. Mohammad Ashori

In brief: You don't have it

If you never had any HSV symptoms then you don't have HSV.
It's a clinical diagnosis so the blood test isn't useful. With IgM negative you likely don't have HSV.

In brief: You don't have it

Dr. Mohammad Ashori
Dr. Mohammad Ashori

In brief: Not negative

A person whose lab test result says HSV 1/2 IgG positive is HSV positive (not HSV negative).
The result means the person had caught HSV sometime in the past, but there is no way to tell exactly how far back in the past. The positive result does not tell which part of the body is involved in the infection, because HSV affecting any part of the body will give a positive test result.

In brief: Not negative

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham