I have an ankle fracture, it requires surgery so they can put in a plate. How long will this surgery take?

Dr. Tariq Niazi
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: About 90 minutes

It actually depends on whether one or both bones are broken, or if it is more complicated fracture, which might take longer. As long as a good job is done, length of time it takes to do it, doesn't matter. I am sure you'll agree.

In brief: About 90 minutes

Dr. Tariq Niazi
Dr. Tariq Niazi

In brief: Lol

Should not take long.
Surgery isn't based on time. There are a lot of factors like how bad and how old the break is, surgeon experience, your body type etc. As long as u trust your surgeon do not worry how long they take.

In brief: Lol

Should not take long.
Dr. Eugene Batelli
Dr. Eugene Batelli
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine