After walking for a few miles I sit down and have break and when I get back up to walk I have pain in my feet. More in the heel section. Walk?

Heel pain. Plantar fasciitis is a common cause of heel pain. Proper stretching, formal therapy, icing and anti inflammatory medication, well cushioned shoes, orthotics and sometimes an injection of steroid are treatment choices. You can continue walking if symptoms are tolerable with above interventions but if symptoms persist further workup and evaluation by a specialist may be needed.
Plantar Fasciitis. The most common cause of your symptoms is heel pain or plantar fasciitis. The tell tale sign is pain after rest and improves as you walk. I would try inserts and stretching, calf stretching and taking a tennis ball and rolling your foot over it before you get up from rest. If you have pain in your foot i recommend you seeing a podiatric specialist for treatment and possibly custom orthotics.